Gwent Drug & Alcohol Service
Running across the five boroughs of Gwent, the Gwent Drug and Alcohol Service (GDAS) provides vital support for people caught in a cycle of offending related to their alcohol and / or substance misuse.
Recommissioned by the Welsh Government in 2021, GDAS is a consortium run service between G4S Community, Barod and Kaleidoscope . Our Community colleagues lead on the Criminal Justice side of the service, providing people with a range of positive interventions that help them step away from crime and into treatment that aims to help them reduce their substance dependency, and ultimately, reduce related criminal activities.
Alongside our consortium partners we recognise the impact of past trauma on a person’s life, and how those trauma’s may play an integral part in their offending behaviour, dependency on alcohol and/or substances and their thinking patterns.
Our approach is human-centric, compassionate and nurturing, allowing us to deliver the best service to those who need it the most.
GDAS Criminal Justice has been working with Mick Bird (gentleman pictured) to deliver an innovative new project within Newport Police Station. Find out more here.
- Support and guidance, structured and informal;
- Focus on accessibility;
- Enabling neuro-diversity and early intervention;
- One to one sessions with an individual Criminal Justice Practitioner;
- Health and wellbeing opportunities;
- Group work, structured and informal;
- Family involvement (where it is deemed appropriate and helpful);
- Strong links with Probation in managing and enabling people to change;
- Activities to improve structured use of time;
- Clinical prescribing and a range of health related support.